Saturday, September 7, 2013

Interview with Mr. Doug Briney!

     
[Lost in the Server Series]

Well as we all know, things happen and life slows us down sometimes, so now with my sincerest apologies  I give you this very belated interview with Country Superstar, Mr Doug Briney!


Hey Doug, how are you?

   I'm doing great, thank you for asking.


 I know you've probably been asked this question a million times, but how did you get into Country Music?

 I mean normally, perhaps stereotypically, when you hear the words 'Country Music' you think
Nashville, Texas, perhaps anywhere Southern.  Being in the complete opposite direction, how'd you do it?      I honestly have always been into country music.  While my friends were listening to rock, I was listening to Kenny Rogers, Lee Greenwood, Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers. I think country music is much more diverse in where it is listened to then that. Here in Alaska the largest population of people
listen to country music.


 I know with a list of accolades and accomplishments a mile long,
this might be difficult to answer, but what would you say has been your
career high so far?
 

I think the nomination from the ICoMA for "Most
Promising New Country Artist" that nomination really meant a lot to me
and I was very honored to receive it!


 You're a two time 'Country Idol' finalist, that's really
impressive, what was the experience like?

I love singing and performing, the
first year was really a learning experience for me. Having only sang
in churches before where there isn't really a lot of "performing" I
had a hard time learning to connect to the audience. I'm still
learning and really enjoy performing for folks. So the competition is
something I really enjoy. I also enjoy hearing other really good
singers and have enjoyed building some good friendships.



 What part does your faith play in your career?

My faith is a huge part of who I am, so it really affects every area of my life. I really
pray over choices I make, from song selection to the words I say and
especially how I treat my audience. As a Pastor I'm learning to
balance my music career with the responsibilities of the church. My
church has been very supportive of my music.


 You have a very unique sound, who are some of your influences? And is
there one artist you've been compared to?

Early influences in my life were certainly Kenny Rogers, Lee Greenwood, Larry Gatlin and even
Eddie Arnold. I've added to that list now to include Toby Kieth,
Ronnie Dunn and Chris Young. Truthfully, I'm not sure who I'd be
compared to, I've read some reviews that compare me to Ronnie Dunn.


 Your album 'It's All Country' was just released a few months ago,
and people are really loving it! What do you think it is about the album
that sets it apart, and draws people in?

I really worked hard to find the right songs. I think each song tells a story that people can
relate to and say, "ya, I know what he's talking about."


 It seems like you're always going, what motivates you?

LOL- I have attention deficit disorder. I need to stay busy to keep my sanity.
Aside from that my family and faith really give me strength and
motivation.

 How do you stay so grounded in the face of all this praise?

I'd have to say that my faith is what really keeps my life in perspective.
I know it isn't my talent it is God's talent and He's chosen to use
me. I only hope to be a good steward of the talent He's blessed me
with.

 What would your advice be to everyone else looking to get
involved in music?

Listen to everyone, but stay true to who you are as an
artist. Work on your craft and get feedback from people who will be
honest with you and not just tell you what you want to hear. Put your
ego on hold learn from mistakes you make. Then have fun and stay with
it.


 Anything to say to the readers and fans, both old and new?



The main thing I want to say is Thank you! I truly feel blessed to have so
many people enjoying my music. 



Thank you for your time Doug! 
They'll be more interviews, more music and lots of exciting news coming up! Stay tuned!

----And the Beat Goes On.....

No comments:

Post a Comment